Commenting, Quote of the Day, and music

Click on where it says nickers & whinnies at the bottom of a post to post a comment:)! Don't be shy post comments PLEASE!!!!
The Quote of the Week is at the bottom of the page:D!
My Playlist(where you can play all the songs)is on the right side of the page towards the bottom and just click on the song you want to play and then click video:)! Hope that helped:D!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Training tips........PLEASE!

Hi! Does anyone know of any training tips that I could use on Rambo? Cause when I got Sonny he was already leading, clipping, bathing, be able to have his hoofs picked up(But not riding he was only 9 months old)etc...So tips PLEASE!!!! We won't be getting him and Red until November. Well mabe I'll post later:)!

Tah Tah For Now!


Horse Lover

6 comments:

Abigail said...

I don't know any. But I think we're on at the same time!!!
Abster Out.

Jordyn Daniels said...

Thanks and I think we are to!

Horse Lover

Jordyn Daniels said...

Hey Abster on your blog you need to make it so that people other than team members can comment:)!

Jordyn Daniels said...

Love your new blog layout Abster!

Horse Lover

Mellimaus said...

Hey!

How old is Rambo? What can Rambo do right now? Can he pick his feet? One of the best things you can do is just practice touching him all over. Normally when foal is first born you brush it everywhere and it's called "imprinting" because that way from the beginning they are used to being handled. Then just slowly introduce him to EVERYTHING..."bomb proof" him...rub strange things on him (Let him sniff them, then rub them on his neck, down his side, etc)...like pieces of plastic, cloth, just random stuff. Lead him by "strange" things like cars, tractors, barrels, etc. Just introduce him to everything, slowly, and talk to him a lot so that he knows your voice and knows when you are sure of something. Don't let him get away with stuff...I don't know if you should roundpen him if he's so young...maybe later on, right now it may scare him (but I'm not a trainer--what do I know?! LOL)...I think it's so cool that you can train a foal. I'd LOVE to do that one day, and have a training stable.

Good luck!

Jordyn Daniels said...

Rambo will be 6 months old when we get him. Right now he is still with his momma so we are not doing anything with him(He is still at the breeders). And yes you do round pen them when they are young cause it helps w/ makes him respect you and it makes everything go a LOT quicker! Yah it is a lot of fun:) I trained Sonny w/ my old trainer(I am going to miss her:(.) and so I was just wondering what everyone else thought:)!

Horse Lover

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sit Long, Read Much