Commenting, Quote of the Day, and music

Click on where it says nickers & whinnies at the bottom of a post to post a comment:)! Don't be shy post comments PLEASE!!!!
The Quote of the Week is at the bottom of the page:D!
My Playlist(where you can play all the songs)is on the right side of the page towards the bottom and just click on the song you want to play and then click video:)! Hope that helped:D!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

A few words about a few quotes...

I came across these quotes, and it struck me how much they apply to our country's situation right now. Both are by Winston Churchill, and I will try to explain as best I can about how they apply to the current happenings.
“The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you can see.” -Winston Churchill : Here, this quote is implying that we should learn from past events. With this Bailout and stock market points dropping dramatically, we should have looked back and saw that a similar event happened before the Depression, which caused the Depression. We could be heading into another Depression, but we will trust the Lord with everything we have.
“A politician needs the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month, and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen.” -Winston Churchill :This is a difficult quote to explain, so comment if you see something wrong. What I think Churchill is getting at, is that a politician needs to be able to see maybe not so good things that are going to happen in the future, and try to prevent them, and explain afterwards what they did to prevent it. But like I said earlier, I wasn't completely sure about this quote.
 
written by Abster

9 comments:

Abigail said...

I hope everyone enjoys the article!

AO

Jordyn Daniels said...

I do too!

Southern Commander

Bella said...

wow... i really ♥ the quotes!
can't wait to hear more!

Jordyn Daniels said...

I don't know any quotes:(. You should go to thebloginyourowneye.blogspot.com for that:)! Abster wrote that paragraph and let me put it on my blog:D!

Southern Commander

Bella said...

ooooohhhhh... lol, well then, i really like it abster! but I can't wait to hear more from abster AND South!
LOL little revision!

Jordyn Daniels said...

:D I'll look up some quotes:)! And put some quotes that I made up on too:)!

Southern Commander

Bella said...

awesome!

Jordyn Daniels said...

Yep!

Southern Commander

Abigail said...

Thanks lydia! I really love quotes!!

AO

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sit Long, Read Much